For the first time ever, One Voice IMPAACT is partnering with Children’s Week to present the Florida’s Rising Star Award to a young adult who is making an impact in their community and inspiring others to SHINE (Show Up, Help Out, Improve, Network, & Empower). The Florida’s Rising Star Award exemplifies the character of SHINE by:Show Up
I understand that I am in charge of my own life. I agree to always arrive on time, ready to do my best, no matter what I’m doing.
I understand that true life success is not just about me, but also about the other people around me. I agree to do my part in serving the community around me every day, so that we can all see a better tomorrow.
I understand that I can always do better. I agree to always try to do more, work harder, and strive to be the best version of myself. I will not be afraid to ask questions and I will reach for my goals.
I understand that I can’t do it alone. I agree to actively reach out to others to build and maintain rewarding relationships.
I understand that my words are powerful. I agree to always use my influence to uplift and inspire people, instead of using it to hurt and harm others.
- Deadline for Nomination Submission is Friday, February 22, 2019 at 5:00 PM EST.
- Nomination must be submitted by the deadline. If submitted after the deadline, your submission will not be accepted.
- Winners and Nominators will be notified in February 2019.
- Nominees must be between the ages of 13 and 23;
- Nominees must have experience in serving their community as a young adult; and
- Nominees must have a reference letter from Nominator stating what makes nominee SHINE.